|Switch to Russian|
Ne-Yo Receives Damages Following R Kelly Tour Cancellation
September 3, 2008
US R&B star Ne-Yo is to receive $700,320 in damages from a concert promoter after he was removed from a tour with fellow musician R Kelly.
Ne-Yo was scheduled to support on R Kelly's tour last November but was dropped from the bill just a week into the jaunt.
At the time, the singer said it was because fans preferred him – an allegation that R Kelly publicly denied – but tour company Rowe Entertainment said it was because they could not obtain a full contract for the musician.
Ne-Yo sued the company in January. Rowe Entertainment never responded to the case.
A judge at Los Angeles Superior Court said last week that they must pay the performer, reports the BBC.
(by Jason Gregory)
R Kelly Announces April UK Tour (08.03.2011)
Ne-Yo Reschedules UK Tour Dates (10.02.2011)
Ne-Yo Set To Collaborate With Bruno Mars? (01.02.2011)
Ne-Yo Extends UK Arena Tour (12.01.2011)
Ne-Yo Announces 2011 UK Arena Tour (10.11.2010)
The Noisettes Working With Ne-Yo On New Album (17.08.2010)
R Kelly Announces April 2010 UK Tour (22.01.2010)
Ne-Yo Breaks Down In Tears On Stage In Manchester (17.07.2009)
Ne-Yo Urges Leona Lewis To Start Touring (20.03.2009)
© 2011 Music World. All rights reserved.